Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 05:52:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
BRITISH COLUMBIA CLASSIC MOTORCYCLE CLUB
18508 Posts in 374 Topics by 476 Members
Latest Member: tkoven
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+ 
|-+  BC Club forum boards
| |-+  General Chat and Ideas
| | |-+  Shuswap Fire
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shuswap Fire  (Read 191 times)
hardrockminer
BCCMC Star (5K)

« on: August 26, 2023, 04:19:49 AM »

The TC highway reopened yesterday so Sweetums and I went for a ride on the Goldwing to get a sense of the damage.  The fire zone along the highway extends the entire length of the Little River between Shuswap and Little Shuswap Lakes, plus about 500 meters on either end.  Most of the trees are still standing and some look like they will survive.  The fire must have been pushed by the wind and raced along the ground, which was completely burned.  The houses across the river were undamaged.  Same for houses along the N shore of Little Shuswap.  The home of the chainsaw carver, near the Squilax bridge and the junkyard across the highway from him are completely burned out.  Stumps and some trees are still smouldering. 

We rode on to Dreamcycle for some pie.  Talked to Mark...he was closed for the duration but is open again now.  He decided to cancel all of his backcountry tours due to the smoke and fire damage.  He showed me his latest purchase...he bought Henry's old Z1B!  I think it was souped up when Henry bought it but it's even more souped up now.  Engine is 1394 cc with a J model head and a turbo.  Mark said on a Dyno it ran over 220 rear wheel HP.  The bike is for sale if anyone has a death wish.

Past rides include a 1973 Suzuki GT380 & a 1975 Kawasaki Z1B

I currently ride a 1975 Kawasaki Z1B - Classic Plated
I also ride a 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 LTD - Classic Plated, and a 2006 Honda Goldwing with a Daytona 2+2 sidecar

My Sweetums rides a 2019 Suzuki DR650
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: