Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 07:53:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
BRITISH COLUMBIA CLASSIC MOTORCYCLE CLUB
18648 Posts in 385 Topics by 476 Members
Latest Member: tkoven
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+ 
|-+  BC Club forum boards
| |-+  General Chat and Ideas
| | |-+  What did you do to your motorcyle today?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 171 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What did you do to your motorcyle today?  (Read 506618 times)
Runningdog
1000 Class

In Dog Beers I've only had one.

« Reply #690 on: October 22, 2014, 08:10:37 PM »

To really hijack this post, I saw a lineup of sixties Ford half-tons in a yard in Vavenby today......most patina I,ve seen in one place in a long time

Past:  '82 Suzuki GS400E; '82 Suzuki GS750E; '81 Yamaha Virago 750; '82 Suzuki GS650GL; '77 Yamaha DT250; '80 GS 850; '86 Kawasaki ZG1000; '78 XS400; 1971 Motobecane Mobylette; 1980 Yamaha SR250; various parts/project bikes, 2004 ZRX 1200; 1977 CB750K; '73 Triumph TR5T (Vintage Plate) .
Present: ; '75 Honda XL250 (Collector Plate);  '04 Wee-Strom;  1973 Honda CB350 6-million Dollar Project;   1979 GS750E
BCCMC Star (5K)

« Reply #691 on: October 22, 2014, 08:27:00 PM »

Howard,  if you spot any gas pumps,  signs, balloon tire bikes.. Take notes and/or take GPS coordinates..

Will make it worth it to you if we can buy it.

Feel free to discuss anything I post on here, its an open forum, and I welcome comments and discussion.. I am not the kid who parades his Bat & Ball at the ballpark, but wont let anyone else play with it..
..VaaV....
Rob 802

850 yamaha

« Reply #692 on: October 22, 2014, 10:12:44 PM »

A yearlong California study of motorcycle lane-splitting has concluded the practice is no more dangerous than motorcycling in general, if the rider is traveling at speeds similar to or only slightly faster than the surrounding traffic.

The maneuver becomes more dangerous, however, when a motorcyclist is speeding or riding more than 10 mph faster than the traffic the cyclist is passing.

Lane-splitting occurs when a motorcyclist passes other vehicles by riding between them along the lane line. California is the only state that does not ban the controversial practice, frowned on by many car drivers who consider it a safety hazard and applauded by some motorcyclists who say they consider lane-splitting a safety tool that allows them to get out of risky situations.

Lane-splitting in California appears to be on the rise. The state Office of Traffic Safety study found 62 percent of motorcyclists say they lane-split on both freeways and other roads, a 7.5-percentage-point increase over 2013. Seventy-five percent of riders between the ages of 18 and 24 report they lane-split on all roads, including freeways. Notably, the survey found that motorcyclists were splitting lanes at slightly slower speeds and in slightly slower traffic than the year before.

Related Stories

Back-seat Driver: Motorcycle lane-splitters are slowing down
Related Links

California Lane Splitting Crash Analysis.pdf
California Lane Splitting Habits Survey.pdf
The lane-splitting crash study, conducted by UC Berkeley and commissioned by the California Highway Patrol and the Office of Traffic Safety, also found that lane-splitters are less likely to be rear-ended by car drivers but are more likely to rear-end other vehicles.

Lane-splitters had a greater chance of being involved in a crash during the morning and afternoon commute hours than motorcyclists who were not lane-splitting. The study also found that lane-splitting cyclists who were involved in crashes typically wore safer helmets than motorcyclists as a whole.

“What we learned is, if you lane-split in a safe or prudent manner, it is no more dangerous than motorcycling in any other circumstance,” Office of Traffic Safety spokesman Chris Cochran said. “If you are speeding or have a wide speed differential (with other traffic), that is where the fatalities came about.”

The study was conducted statewide by 80 law enforcement agencies who filled out a supplemental information sheet involving 8,262 motorcycle riders in collisions.

The study’s authors said the report, the first of its kind about lane-splitting, is limited in scope and will be followed up by more detailed analysis, including looking at rider age, rider gender, motorcycle characteristics and collision and roadway characteristics.

The CHP last year published written guidelines on when motorcyclists should or should not lane-split, suggesting riders should not travel more than 10 mph faster than surrounding traffic and should not lane-split at all if other vehicles are traveling faster than 30 mph. The CHP took those guidelines down, however, after a disagreement over whether publishing them constituted illegal regulations.

Call The Bee’s Tony Bizjak, (916) 321-1059.

Transportation

Sacramento to install Curtis Park bridge via airlift
California high-speed rail wins big round in state high court
Sacramento tries to keep $6.9 million, may suspend bridge bids
Sacramento crude oil transfers halted by lawsuit
Motorcycle lane-splitting study finds: the more speed, the more danger
 Transportation

Editor's Choice Videos

Inform News
Mo'ne Davis Stars in Inspiring Chevrolet Ad Directed by Spike Lee
Inform News

Facebook
Twitter
Google
Pinterest
LinkedIn
Email
Order Reprint of This Story

The Sacramento Bee | Sacbee.com
SUBSCRIPTIONS
Subscribe
Customer Service
e-Edition
Media in Education (MIE)
Newsletters
SITE INFORMATION
Customer Service
About Us

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/transportation/article3204990.html#storylink=cpy

Twisted_Twin
BCCMC Star (5K)

15/16ths of the world uses the metric system.

« Reply #693 on: October 22, 2014, 11:37:38 PM »

Sweet. I used to have a '56 S-120.

It's important to feel comfortable in your own skin because it's illegal to wear someone else's.
1000J
1000 Class

« Reply #694 on: October 23, 2014, 11:18:48 AM »

Sweet. I used to have a '56 S-120.
This one's a 53 R-110 that my buddys dad bought new in 53, it never really left the farm in Sumas prairie and was parked in the mid 70s, always stored inside and still in storage waiting for me to do something with it....still runs and and still has the original Atlas tires on it.
jetta90
1000 Class

« Reply #695 on: November 02, 2014, 11:44:21 AM »

Took the Suzuki GS 750 out for the last time this year. Cry  Went to the car wash to remove some of the accumulated grime from the year.
Went up the connector afterwards to get the motor dried and warmed up........or as warm as it will get in these cooler fall temperatures.
It's up on the bike lift now with oil draining.  
Over the winter it'll get a valve clearance check, oil and filter, think I'll get new clutch springs as there is some slippage happening up on top, and probably give it a couple-three hugs to get through the winter.

Have another week of insurance left on the Concours. Grin

kaw74
BCCMC Star (5K)

« Reply #696 on: November 02, 2014, 12:04:28 PM »

Took the Suzuki GS 750 out for the last time this year. Cry  Went to the car wash to remove some of the accumulated grime from the year.
Went up the connector afterwards to get the motor dried and warmed up........or as warm as it will get in these cooler fall temperatures.
It's up on the bike lift now with oil draining.  
Over the winter it'll get a valve clearance check, oil and filter, think I'll get new clutch springs as there is some slippage happening up on top, and probably give it a couple-three hugs to get through the winter.

Have another week of insurance left on the Concours. Grin

Maybe we should go for a short ride next weekend.

How about we meet at the end of Westside Road and do lunch in Armstrong weather permitting?
jetta90
1000 Class

« Reply #697 on: November 02, 2014, 12:52:09 PM »

Henry....that sounds that this could work.  Insurance ends on the 8th of Nov ......... that would be Saturday.  Although we are a long way away from next Saturday, the weather network seems to be calling for a high of +9 and sunny!!  Quite doable.
kaw74
BCCMC Star (5K)

« Reply #698 on: November 02, 2014, 12:58:35 PM »

Henry....that sounds that this could work.  Insurance ends on the 8th of Nov ......... that would be Saturday.  Although we are a long way away from next Saturday, the weather network seems to be calling for a high of +9 and sunny!!  Quite doable.

Mine runs out Nov10

If the weather is good then meet at 11.30 am Sat end of Westside and it should be a bit warmer by then Grin
jetta90
1000 Class

« Reply #699 on: November 02, 2014, 01:14:50 PM »

Maybe we should post on the Kelowna Vernon ride forum section?  Maybe others could join us?
As for today, I think I'll go out on the Connie for a while.
kaw74
BCCMC Star (5K)

« Reply #700 on: November 02, 2014, 05:02:55 PM »

Maybe we should post on the Kelowna Vernon ride forum section?  Maybe others could join us?

Yes go ahead and post it before we go off topic Grin
jetta90
1000 Class

« Reply #701 on: November 02, 2014, 05:09:19 PM »

Never seen a post go off topic on this forum. Roll Eyes
kaw74
BCCMC Star (5K)

« Reply #702 on: November 02, 2014, 05:12:37 PM »

Never seen a post go off topic on this forum. Roll Eyes
Good because I did nothing on my bike today Cheesy
Ward
1000 Class

« Reply #703 on: November 07, 2014, 08:24:21 PM »

pined for it

2001 GSX1300R Hayabusa HOLEY %$&@
Past Bikes,
1983 GS750ES.  GO BABY GO!!!
86 CB 750-4
79 CB550-4
79 KZ650SR
72 H2
70 something KD125
77 KH 90
MJ
1000 Class

« Reply #704 on: November 08, 2014, 04:24:48 PM »

oil and filter, air filter........then of course it needed a test ride...
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 171 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: