Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:46:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
BRITISH COLUMBIA CLASSIC MOTORCYCLE CLUB
18413 Posts in 364 Topics by 476 Members
Latest Member: tkoven
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+ 
|-+  Vancouver Island Area
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Trevor's 4th Annual Gold River Run (And Port Hardy)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trevor's 4th Annual Gold River Run (And Port Hardy)  (Read 115700 times)
Wheels
1000 Class

« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2017, 10:46:46 PM »

Ross,  why are you not coming?     I need company on the boat.          I have a room booked in Sidney and in Gold River and need a riding mate.
I cannot keep up with Dale, Dale his other brother Dale and Allan and those buggers fall asleep at noon.     Bucko and Motolobo are having hot flashes that weekend so likely cannot ride unless they are generifically correct. 
Henry I might catch you guys on the swing down here to the ferry if you give me etas to the boat also so we can share a chowder on the way to Trevors.

trevor
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2017, 10:57:38 PM »

Ross,  why are you not coming?     I need company on the boat.          I have a room booked in Sidney and in Gold River and need a riding mate.
I cannot keep up with Dale, Dale his other brother Dale and Allan and those buggers fall asleep at noon.     Bucko and Motolobo are having hot flashes that weekend so likely cannot ride unless they are generifically correct. 
Henry I might catch you guys on the swing down here to the ferry if you give me etas to the boat also so we can share a chowder on the way to Trevors.

So glad you are coming to the Garage Soiree. Oh, that reminds me, better tell the neighbours.  Grin
Galactica
1000 Class

« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2017, 10:21:00 AM »

Sorry John, I simply cannot do a ride with that many other bikes.  I know the company would be awesome, but travelling in a gaggle of bikes is not my thing.  I'll give it another think though, since you asked.

R.

Past rides:
75 Honda CB750K5
80 Suzuki TS250
 ? Yamaha Maxim 550
73 Z1 900
76 Kz900 A1
77 Kz1000 A1
78 Kz1000 B2 Ltd
79 Kz1000 B3 Ltd
80 Kz1000 C
99 Triumph Tiger 900
84 Honda VF750 Interceptor
77 Honda CB750

Current ride:
2019 Yamaha Tracer900

Current project:
1975 Honda CB750K5
trevor
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2017, 11:40:22 AM »

Sorry John, I simply canno
t do a ride with that many other bikes.  I know the company would be awesome, but travelling in a gaggle of bikes is not my thing.  I'll give it another think though, since you asked.

R.

The first thing I tell people "this is NOT a group ride"! I tell the guys to find 4 or 5 guys you feel comfortable riding with and ride with them. This is no race. No pressure to do anything but ride your own ride. We stop for breakfast..then I say "see you in Qualicum on the beach where we will wait until everyone shows up...photo opportunity.... then we meet again at the chevron in Campbell River.... we leave for gold river once everyone is accounted for again"... we had 36 guys last year...no issues... but don't take my word for it..ask anyone that was on the ride last year. Fwiw...I hate group rides. You also have to keep in mind the amount of experience and maturity in this group...ok forget the maturity part. Lol....please chime in guys. Thanks
kaw74
BCCMC Star (5K)

« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2017, 12:13:43 PM »

It was a good ride and going up to Port Hardy only Vince and I rode up by ourselves because the rest where in a hurry for some reason. Tongue

Like Trevor said we can all meet up at some point along the way.
Wheels
1000 Class

« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2017, 02:57:26 PM »

Sorry John, I simply cannot do a ride with that many other bikes.  I know the company would be awesome, but travelling in a gaggle of bikes is not my thing.  I'll give it another think though, since you asked.

R.

Ross I will likely see you on the weekend.  Normally we have the pit stops pointed out ahead of time and the speeders wait for the KLRs and Harleys to catch up at those stops.   No one likes the pack riding as it is not comfortable at all when you want to look at the Ocean and the scenery on the coast.

We can talk later.

Chris 1000J you have been very quiet?  Those ladies on the ferry with the cameras are just waiting for your appearance again this year.

trevor
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2017, 03:30:38 PM »

R.

Ross I will likely see you on the weekend.  Normally we have the pit stops pointed out ahead of time and the speeders wait for the KLRs and Harleys to catch up at those stops.   No one likes the pack riding as it is not comfortable at all when you want to look at the Ocean and the scenery on the coast.

We can talk later.

Chris 1000J you have been very quiet?  Those ladies on the ferry with the cameras are just waiting for your appearance again this year.

Good point John...Chris has been quite....Chris?? Smiley
kaw74
BCCMC Star (5K)

« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2017, 06:59:10 PM »

R.

We can talk later.

Good point John...Chris has been quite....Chris?? Smiley
He might be in Rehab for his bike addiction Grin
kaw74
BCCMC Star (5K)

« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2017, 09:37:35 PM »

I was surprised that we never got these last year up in PH Evil

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-201221-2-.htm#201221

azr
1000 Class

She may be old but she'll do :)

« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2017, 07:50:40 AM »

That's disgusting Henery, but I was surprised we didn't get that problem last year as well.
rkz1b

« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2017, 08:41:07 AM »

If I pick up bed bugs in Port Hardy, do I have to declare them at the border returning to WA??
All kidding aside, I'm really looking forward to the trip.  First real vacation trip without kids or fishing.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 09:55:51 AM by rkz1b » Logged
Bucko
1000 Class

« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2017, 11:40:23 AM »

No reason to ride in the pack for this event, go at your own pace and enjoy the beautiful scenery (and cool ones at the end of the day).  I like the slow land these days -  I'm too old to ride like a Trevor.   Evil Evil Evil  Grin Grin Grin
trevor
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2017, 11:51:30 AM »

No reason to ride in the pack for this event, go at your own pace and enjoy the beautiful scenery (and cool ones at the end of the day).  I like the slow land these days -  I'm too old to ride like a Trevor.   Evil Evil Evil  Grin Grin Grin

Lol...you guys are funny. I have slowed down in my old age. It's nice to see things on the ride now. Smiley Are you in Bucko??? Smiley
trevor
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2017, 07:00:59 PM »

Questions...

Bucko are you in?Huh?? Wtf is so difficult with that question at your age?Huh?Huh?Huh?? Grin

Dale....are you guys going to Port Hardy or are you being pussies again and only going to GR?Huh?Huh?Huh??

I know the west coast is laid back but it's my credit card at each motel...help a brother out please. It's ok...you can say no. I just liked to be organized...and I don't like asking motels to hold rooms this time of year only to cancel them a week before. I don't like to ask businesses to do that...sound fair?
Thanks
mcycle-nut
New

« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2017, 08:44:25 PM »

That's disgusting Henery, but I was surprised we didn't get that problem last year as well.
I think all the alcohol in our systems probably killed them.  Grin
By the way Trevor, I will be attending your garage party, but seeing as how I'm a local yokel, I'll go home Thursday evening.

Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff.     Frank Zappa
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: