Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:14:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
BRITISH COLUMBIA CLASSIC MOTORCYCLE CLUB
18236 Posts in 349 Topics by 476 Members
Latest Member: tkoven
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+ 
|-+  Members Bikes
| |-+  Members showing off their bikes
| | |-+  if you are out for a ride let's see some pics!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 ... 203 Go Down Print
Author Topic: if you are out for a ride let's see some pics!  (Read 689313 times)
Wheels
1000 Class

« Reply #2445 on: June 18, 2017, 10:24:03 PM »

Was that on her Honda?

My apology Claudio as I just read your post tonight.   Yes it was on Junes Honda 650 Four.   I thought this bike would be impossible to find parts for as I am guessing many simply got scrapped or are leaning against the outside of a barn.
Just an update,  Honda has of course discontinued everything but the bearings which arrived in Maple Ridge yesterday.  We found the speedo housing in PA and likely another week to arrive here.   We found the spacer/collar in Boise Id. and it should also be here next week.

June had the Honda when I met her and to the best of my recollection has only had oil and filter changes every year and the odd battery and brakes but has never broke.
At least it found its way home safely.

For what it is worth June and I first went to her Honda shop in Maple Ridge and only went to Ebay for what they could not assist with to search for the other parts. It is important we keep our local folks in business when possible.
jetta90
1000 Class

« Reply #2446 on: June 18, 2017, 11:21:53 PM »

Was that on her Honda?

My apology Claudio as I just read your post tonight.   Yes it was on Junes Honda 650 Four.   I thought this bike would be impossible to find parts for as I am guessing many simply got scrapped or are leaning against the outside of a barn.
Just an update,  Honda has of course discontinued everything but the bearings which arrived in Maple Ridge yesterday.  We found the speedo housing in PA and likely another week to arrive here.   We found the spacer/collar in Boise Id. and it should also be here next week.

June had the Honda when I met her and to the best of my recollection has only had oil and filter changes every year and the odd battery and brakes but has never broke.
At least it found its way home safely.

For what it is worth June and I first went to her Honda shop in Maple Ridge and only went to Ebay for what they could not assist with to search for the other parts. It is important we keep our local folks in business when possible.

John, that was Ron's (kilowop) inquiry about the Honda speedo drive, not mine.

That is some big damage to the speedo drive.  It would almost have had to spin with the wheel for that kind of damage to occur.  The locating tooth on the drive doesn't look damaged....is the corresponding pin/bracket on the fork in ok shape?
Always nice to be able to track down spares like you did. Smiley
kilowop
1000 Class

« Reply #2447 on: June 19, 2017, 07:19:02 AM »

I was able to get a speedo drive replacement for the '83 GS-750-T I had from the salvage shop up in Williams Lake.  NEW LIFE CYCLES & Salvage ltd.  Good guy to deal with.  I also obtained a replacement speedo for my '80 GS-1000-G in May of 2009, and it's still working fine. I also deal with my local shops as much as possible since if you 'don't' when you REALLY need their help, they won't be there.
Ride On !

Current rides:                                                      
 2022 Suzuki V-Strom 650                                                         
'81 Suzuki GS-550 "T" (collector status)
2009 Suzuki Burgman 650 Mega Scooter

"SOME" PAST RIDES: In no particular order
51 Matchless 500 single      53 AJS 500 single
62 Triumph T-100SS          57 Triumph T-100R
66 Norton N-15 - 750 Scrambler
68 Honda CB 450               68 Honda CB-250
69 Honda CL 450               71 Suzuki 350
73 Suzuki GT-550 Triple      71(?) Honda SL-350
73 Honda XL-250               76 Honda CB-400F
77 Yamaha XS 500             80 Suzuki GS-550E
81 Suzuki GS-750E             81 Suzuki GS1100E           
81 Honda CB-900C
with Hondaline Tour Pak     '02 Honda CB-900F(Hornet 919)
'90 Honda ST-1100 (collector status)
'83 Suzuki GS-750 T  (collector status)        '82 Suzuki GS-550 Katana
'80 Suzuki GS-850 G          '80 Suzuki GS-1000G(collector status)
'06-Suzuki DL-650 V-Strom      
'82 Yamaha Seca 650
'07 Yamaha FJR-1300         82 Suzuki GS-850G-Collector status
'86 Suzuki GS-400ES          82 Suzuki GS-650GL-Collector status
'79 Honda CBX                  82 Suzuki GS-650-G-Collector status
'81 Honda CBX (x2)           82 Honda 450 Hawk
98 Triumph Trophy 900     06 Kawasaki Concours
'05 Suzuki Burgman 650(Super Scooter)
2018 Suzuki Burgman Executive 650 Scooter
Wheels
1000 Class

« Reply #2448 on: June 19, 2017, 06:13:56 PM »

Everything else looks good on the rest of the  front end so once all the parts are in it should snap back together easy.  I will take a couple test rides and make sure everything seems friction less and tight before handing it back over to June so she can ride it for another 36 years.
Wheels
1000 Class

« Reply #2449 on: June 21, 2017, 07:40:23 PM »

June and I were just talking about the Honda repair and I need to post a couple of positive things this little problem has given me.

In the old days when this bike was new it was not a very popular bike and hence many disappeared from life as do many recreational vehicles that have reduced or stopped mobility for one reason or another.  In the old days even when parts where abundant there is a good chance June or I would have taken or towed it to the Honda shop to be repaired and my best guestimate with labour would be 400 to 600 bucks. The downtime seemed to be never less than a week unless it was a simple oil change. Even then if the dealer did not have parts it could be a week or longer to get them in.  I think we mostly accepted that as normal and I am sure still happens to newer bikes ( I almost hate to use Shawns bike as an example but I have heard of others in shops for a month )  The above I would think to be as a negative experience yet one we accept. 

So I said to June today this is a positive experience with her Honda.   First we got the bike back to our home and did not tow it to a shop to diagnose as we may have done in our younger days. It took me some time to get used with the internet taking my money however I must say I have rarely had a bad transaction that I can recall so far.  Honda had the first shot after looking at the greasy bag of worn out parts and picked the ones they could order for us. As mentioned previously I found one part in Boise and the others in PA after a few days of shopping on the net.   Honda parts arrived Tuesday, Boise arrived Tuesday and PA arrived today.  With the currency conversion we are still a bit under 200 bucks Canadian. Another positive for me is the speedo drive was dull and blemished which of course is like feeding candy to a child with me as most of you know.  So next step is pour a glass of wine turn on the stereo and carefully replace the parts and remount the wheel at my pace and my time.  When the job is completed I know the mechanic and know everything is tightened up properly.  After completion I can pour another glass of wine turn the stereo down a bit and pull up my roll chair and stair at the bike that was not " running when parked" and enjoy its beauty to my eye knowing the two of us would continue to get great pleasure from the machine in the future.
1000J
1000 Class

« Reply #2450 on: June 21, 2017, 09:25:13 PM »

June and I were just talking about the Honda repair and I need to post a couple of positive things this little problem has given me.

In the old days when this bike was new it was not a very popular bike and hence many disappeared from life as do many recreational vehicles that have reduced or stopped mobility for one reason or another.  In the old days even when parts where abundant there is a good chance June or I would have taken or towed it to the Honda shop to be repaired and my best guestimate with labour would be 400 to 600 bucks. The downtime seemed to be never less than a week unless it was a simple oil change. Even then if the dealer did not have parts it could be a week or longer to get them in.  I think we mostly accepted that as normal and I am sure still happens to newer bikes ( I almost hate to use Shawns bike as an example but I have heard of others in shops for a month )  The above I would think to be as a negative experience yet one we accept. 

So I said to June today this is a positive experience with her Honda.   First we got the bike back to our home and did not tow it to a shop to diagnose as we may have done in our younger days. It took me some time to get used with the internet taking my money however I must say I have rarely had a bad transaction that I can recall so far.  Honda had the first shot after looking at the greasy bag of worn out parts and picked the ones they could order for us. As mentioned previously I found one part in Boise and the others in PA after a few days of shopping on the net.   Honda parts arrived Tuesday, Boise arrived Tuesday and PA arrived today.  With the currency conversion we are still a bit under 200 bucks Canadian. Another positive for me is the speedo drive was dull and blemished which of course is like feeding candy to a child with me as most of you know.  So next step is pour a glass of wine turn on the stereo and carefully replace the parts and remount the wheel at my pace and my time.  When the job is completed I know the mechanic and know everything is tightened up properly.  After completion I can pour another glass of wine turn the stereo down a bit and pull up my roll chair and stair at the bike that was not " running when parked" and enjoy its beauty to my eye knowing the two of us would continue to get great pleasure from the machine in the future.
now you'll have time to add another to the garage that needs nothing done to it... Wink
BCCMC Star (5K)

« Reply #2451 on: June 21, 2017, 09:49:32 PM »

Too bad its newer John if it was 69-78, it would be like. 25 bux for the drive and we have them all over..
Good you got-r-done..

Feel free to discuss anything I post on here, its an open forum, and I welcome comments and discussion.. I am not the kid who parades his Bat & Ball at the ballpark, but wont let anyone else play with it..
..VaaV....
Wheels
1000 Class

« Reply #2452 on: June 21, 2017, 10:30:46 PM »

Chris, that bike still needs a left cylinder and a front wheel visor
dicken

« Reply #2453 on: June 21, 2017, 11:17:32 PM »

i just seen this. wheels, what year is it? i have a rolling frame of a 81 cb650c the front end is complete including the speedo drive. next time call me and i might have some thing for you. ken.

current rides-60 triumph chopper-98 triumph sprint executive-80 honda 750f.
current project-71 ducati 450 scrambler
Wheels
1000 Class

« Reply #2454 on: June 22, 2017, 11:05:29 AM »

i just seen this. wheels, what year is it? i have a rolling frame of a 81 cb650c the front end is complete including the speedo drive. next time call me and i might have some thing for you. ken.

Ken that is exactly the bike she has.     Very good to know however as you never know what could go next.     Do you have lights seat and everything or just frame and wheels?

Thanks John
dicken

« Reply #2455 on: June 22, 2017, 08:54:14 PM »

john. it's all there except engine and front brakes. the seat is rough. i would send a pic but it's buried behind other wrecks. has instruments, headlight, tank, tail piece, taillight, fenders, signals. let me know what you need. ken.

current rides-60 triumph chopper-98 triumph sprint executive-80 honda 750f.
current project-71 ducati 450 scrambler
hardrockminer
BCCMC Star (5K)

« Reply #2456 on: June 24, 2017, 02:59:43 PM »

Beautiful day here in Squish today.  Sweetums took the doggies for a walk while I went for a workout first thing.  Then we took the bikes and headed up towards Pemberton for a nice morning ride.  We stopped at Green Lake for a quick photo and some axx relief, then went on to the Pemberton golf course for an early lunch.  (First photo is Sweetums on her KZ550 at Green Lake with Whistler Blackcomb in the background.  Second photo is the scenery at the Pemberton gold course.)  I had a burger with Pemberton potato salad and Sweetums had the Pemberton beet salad.  While we were there a group of about a dozen or so Harley riders came in from Chilliwack on their way up to Clinton for an overnighter.  All older guys and gals...not a youngster among them.  On the way back we stopped at a bike repair shop in Squish owned by a former Harley mechanic.  He has a shop full of Harleys along with a few Buells.  Nice young guy.  I think I'll get him to put the tires on my rechromed rims.

Past rides include a 1973 Suzuki GT380 & a 1975 Kawasaki Z1B

I currently ride a 1975 Kawasaki Z1B - Classic Plated
I also ride a 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 LTD - Classic Plated, and a 2006 Honda Goldwing with a Daytona 2+2 sidecar

My Sweetums rides a 2019 Suzuki DR650
Twisted_Twin
BCCMC Star (5K)

15/16ths of the world uses the metric system.

« Reply #2457 on: June 24, 2017, 07:01:49 PM »

Put some dirt miles on the Stelvio today with a trip to Ross Lake.

It's important to feel comfortable in your own skin because it's illegal to wear someone else's.
trevor
« Reply #2458 on: June 24, 2017, 08:56:00 PM »

Beautiful day here in Squish today.  Sweetums took the doggies for a walk while I went for a workout first thing.  Then we took the bikes and headed up towards Pemberton for a nice morning ride.  We stopped at Green Lake for a quick photo and some axx relief, then went on to the Pemberton golf course for an early lunch.  (First photo is Sweetums on her KZ550 at Green Lake with Whistler Blackcomb in the background.  Second photo is the scenery at the Pemberton gold course.)  I had a burger with Pemberton potato salad and Sweetums had the Pemberton beet salad.  While we were there a group of about a dozen or so Harley riders came in from Chilliwack on their way up to Clinton for an overnighter.  All older guys and gals...not a youngster among them.  On the way back we stopped at a bike repair shop in Squish owned by a former Harley mechanic.  He has a shop full of Harleys along with a few Buells.  Nice young guy.  I think I'll get him to put the tires on my rechromed rims.

What's a "sweetums"?
Steve G.
1000 Class

« Reply #2459 on: June 24, 2017, 09:12:50 PM »

Put some dirt miles on the Stelvio today with a trip to Ross Lake.

Dam,,, looks nice up there!!!

Garage Residents:
'74 Honda CT70
'74 Norton 850 Interstate
'81 Laverda Jota Mk11 180
'89 Honda RC30
'91 BMW R100GS
'08 Honda XR650L
'08 BMW R1200GS

Previous Garage Residents
 1966 Keystone Tas 50
 1981 Can-Am 250 MX6